GW Theatre's One Extreme to the Other

Comments:
it was excellent, and worked for me on many levels. It provided a very constructive way to explore the very difficult issues related to Race and Class and demonstrated some of the understandable responses from young people given the contexts and the complexities in life which they had to manage. I though the acting was excellent and made believable all the characters.I hope this play has a very very long run.

Added: 13/12/2007 07:39
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I seen the play at MARIM event on Tuesday. Great! I am a  'white'  Practicing Muslim revert (from christianity), with teenage sons, I  have had the opportunity to explore many of the 'issues' featured in the play. I was really impressed about the number of issues, discussions brought into the play, especially the observations about how the Muslims/Asian are living as the English working class of the 50's. I hope you are able to take the play into Manchester Schools and colleges. I would love to liase with Mosques in Manchester area to see if it is possible to stage the production. Well Done!

Added: 13/12/2007 12:26
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I loved the play i could watch it all day because it gets me out of lessons.

Added: 13/12/2007 13:38
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
i think it got to the point

Added: 13/12/2007 13:44
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
from Dave at GW Theatre: Nice one Alex, that's what we thought you meant - very nice of you to clarify for us though!

Added: 13/12/2007 15:55
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
Saw the play at Brierfield - the performance was excellent and the messages very timely and appropriate. I am not sure whether, for me, the play increased my sense of separateness - it is something I need to think about - the play was VERY thought provoking."

Added: I enjoyed the reminiscences of life in the 50's - I remember walking day (but not sure about the reference to having money put into our pockets!). If life amongst Asian communities really is like my recollections of life in the 50's it is something to be greatly treasured.
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I enjoyed sharing a social evening with so many 'different?' people all responding to and enjoying the performance together. I would do it again.

Added: 13/12/2007 16:40
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I fink da play woz gud however sum ov da language used woz kinda dodgy. Apart 4rm dat da play woz wikkid and da acting woz fab, newayz keep it up y'all cuz u doin great! really enjoyed and i got 2 miss boring lessons 2. in a abit!"

Added: 14/12/2007 22:03
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I thought the play was an extremely candid and accurate portrayal of the various cultural issues that we in the UK frequently face. It was brilliant at exploring cultural and social loyalties and allegiances and quite rightly demonstrates how torn we all are about doing ""the right thing"" in that we actually all want the same things but go about achieving them in different ways. Wonderful!"

Added: 17/12/2007 13:10
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
i thought the littel blck woman was very funny and she should be a comidan or summin :) the part that was the best is when the 14 year old come on it was very funny :D

Added: 25/02/2008 12:33