GW Theatre's One Extreme to the Other

Comments:
I watched the play in a predominantly white school.I'm not sure whether it was intended, but it seemed that during the questions after the play, the two white actors and actresses were leading the questions and were taking general control over the whole thing."I'm unsure as to whether this was due to the fact that you were putting the play on for a year of whom the percentage of pupils who are from an ethnic background is less than 2%, or just because of different personalities. It may be different at a predominantly Muslim or black school, but I am merely stating an observation. Also, I would like to make a point that I am, and have been brought up, extremely against racism and fascism, and that my parents have taught me to contradict or question anything that seems racially discriminative etc. I dislike to say that at least 50% of the people who watched the play today were, or are, racist, and supporters of the BNP and the like. I dislike the fact that they have been sent to a predominantly white school, where they have not met many people of other backgrounds, and therefore have extremely narrow minds. The play was brilliant, and I hope it opened the minds of at least a few people in my year. Well done :]"

Added: 25/02/2008 21:48
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
Didn't like the way the group karl was taking orders from was compared to the nazis!? Write back

Added: 25/02/2008 23:11
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
The play was fab, but we dont see why the me were portrayed as nazi's, as nazi's were a german political party against the jewish religion. :s"

Added: 26/02/2008 11:12
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:

Added: 26/02/2008 11:12
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
Fantastic - It should be made into a TV production. Very professionnally done. Thank you for coming to Park High School

Added: 26/02/2008 14:55
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
I watched the play today at nelson and colne college. I thought that it ran very smoothly and it has got our group focused about our own theatre in education performance which is coming up soon. I thought that the entire thing was superb. I was supprised to hear tjhat it was performed in schools because of the language used, however, without it I don't think that it would have rung true as it did. Very well done, keep up the good work, I hope you enjoyed performing it as much as I enjoyed watching it."

Added: 26/02/2008 19:53
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
Thought the play was absoloutley amazing.. really does put into perspective the mental attitude of some people, asian and british. Should be a film. Well done =]"

Added: 27/02/2008 15:05
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
hello i thought the play was really good it made u think about what is really goin on in the world and also it had funny bits in the play.

Added: 28/02/2008 11:05
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
it was funney and i liked it

Added: 28/02/2008 11:11
Delete this entry Reply to entry View IP address

Comments:
i think the play was good but hard to understand until the end..the actors did well to remember all that....=P

Added: 28/02/2008 11:13